AdBrite

Your Ad Here

AdBrite

Your Ad Here

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Roland Burris Fundraising vow is caught on tape


CHICAGO — A transcript of a secretly recorded phone call between the brother of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich and U.S. Sen. Roland Burris was released in federal court Tuesday, a call in which Burris, then seeking the Senate seat, was recorded offering the Blagojevich campaign a campaign check.

"I know I could give him a check,” Burris said. "Myself.”

But in the same call, Burris tells Robert Blagojevich he is concerned he and Rod Blagojevich will "catch hell.”

"And if I do get appointed that means I bought it,” said Burris, D-Ill.

"And, and God knows number one, I, I wanna help Rod,” Burris says later in the call. "Number two, I also wanna, you know, hope I get a consideration to get that appointment.”

A federal judge on Tuesday gave prosecutors permission to turn over the recorded conversation to the Senate Ethics Committee, which has launched a review of Burris’ conduct prior to his appointment.

Burris’ attorney, Timothy Wright, denied Burris made the offer to be appointed to the Senate seat.



from the oklahoman

No comments:

Post a Comment